Monday, August 23, 2010

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Well its raining here and a nice day to be inside. Maybe not doing a real lot sounds good. But I thought I might take advantage of two, yes two, Sleeping babies! As some of you may have read we have not long ago had a diagnoses for our son of dairy, soy and egg allergy. So although I'm a chef, through the sleep deprivation and our overly busy life, I was struggling to find motivation for food to cook him other than everyday meat and veg and fruit.

However in the last couple of weeks although we are all still sleep deprived I found some of that inspiration i've been looking for. I have found some really helpful blogs also. And found some great recipes. Queen Bee's blog featured lemon slice (one of my all time favourites) and included a recipe to make condensed milk. I gave it a go last night and it was really good. Although I didn't have any biscuits on hand - i have ordered in my groceries today. I found a recipe for a caramel stursel slice. Looks yum and I'm going to see how it goes frozen too. Jay is probably a bit young for so much sugar but i'm going to let him have a treat as he always has healthy food :-)

What do you think??
Hope you all have a nice day

No comments:

Post a Comment